Friday, May 25, 2007

Modified Velocity Diet Day 28 - May 24 (one more day)

I'm going one more day with the strict V-diet plan before I weigh in/measure up. Not sure how accurate the results will be tomorrow because I'm PMSing like crazy and holding a bucket load of water... sigh.


Cass's diet record Thurs May 24, 07. (Cardio/Light workout Day)
So-so sleep last night. Slept 12 am to 7:15 am.

7:30 am - Got up, made Justin breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, took probiotics etc. Foam rolled quickly and then went for an easy walk with the dogs for 30 mins.

I was feeling really drained this morning and wasn't really sure why. It could have been because I didn't eat the right combination of macro's or total calories after my workout last night. I could have been because I really didn't sleep all that soundly (for some reason I had some really nasty dreams). It could be that I've trained every day without a break for the last few days OR it could be because that TIME of the month is coming and my body is revving up it's metabolic rate and wants more calories.

** On that last note, yes, it's true, your metabolic rate increases right before your period and that’s usually why women have cravings --they need to EAT! They also have crazy cravings for things like chocolate because serotonin and dopamine declines and we all know how good chocolate make you feel (albieght a temporary high). Whatever it was, I knew it was OK to take it a bit easier this AM.

Got back to the house at 9 am and drank my greens and supplements right away. There was going to be NO waiting around this morning to eat. My body needed the calories.

9:00 am - Took greens and supplements = 30 cals, 6 NET carbs
9:20 am - Took 4 fish oil, and Rev-Z = 36 cals, 4 g fat

9:30 am - Drank first shake of day (made in blender) and made it a little bigger because I was so hungry this morning: 1 1/2 scoops Dymatize whey, 10 frozen strawberries, 1/6 cup almonds, 1 TBsp ground flax, and glucomannan = 351 cals, 40 g pro, 14 g NET carbs (23 - 9 fiber), 15 g fat

Worked at computer all day again. Took breaks when I could to play with the dog.

11 am - was really foggy, so ate 1 red bell pepper and 1/3 cup corn =64 cals, 16 g NET carbs

12:00 pm - still hungry so ate 3 cups of broccoli and 1/4 cup green beans = 50 cals, 2 g pro, 10 g NET carbs

1:30 pm - Shake #2 (made in blender): 1 1/2 scoops Dymatize Whey, 7 frozen strawberries, 1 TBsp hemp seeds, 1 tsp ground flax, and glucomannan = 247 cals, 36 g pro, 10 g NET carbs (14 - 4 fiber), 7 g fat

Headed out at 3 pm to pick up more protein and go to the gym. It was 90 degrees today which made me almost wanted to lay on the lawn and tan, but I decided to get my workout done anyhow. Did go for a tan though at the salon…

Gym workout 4:15 pm to 5:30 pm.
Mostly just cardio and rehab because was still feeling a bit blah.
Did weighted ab exercises such as Saxon side bends and weighted decline crunch. 4 sets, 20 reps. Plus rotator cuff work i.e. straight arm pulldowns.
Did 20 mins on cross-trainer not holding on to anything.
Did 10 mins on treadmill at 4.0 mph and a 4 incline.
Not bad. Good recovery day.

Grocery shop etc. Sipped BCAAs on way home.

Home at 6:15 pm.

6:30 pm - Whole food meal: 0.8 lb shrimp steamed (bought at store like this.. I was craving fish), 100 g blackberries, 100 g kernel corn, 20 g raisins = 480 cals, 75 g protein, 40 g carbs, 1 g fat

I was still hungry after this meal, probably because there was no fat. So, had a red bell pepper, 10 g whole almonds and drank some power drive (which, I think has been sitting in my cupboard for too long, because it tasted kind of old…) Also took 3 more fish oil. Continued to drink BCAAs. = 121 cals, 10 g carbs, 9 g fat


9:00 pm - Another red bell pepper and shake: 1 scoop Dymatize Whey, 1 tsp ENOVA oil, 1 tsp ground flax, glucomannan, ice = 199 cals, 24 g pro, 10 g NET carbs, 7 g fat

10:00 pm -Ate broccoli and cauliflower (steamed)

Totals = 1624 cals, 177 g pro, 130 g carbs, 44 g fat

Calories and carbs were a bit high for today, but it was from vegetables. Now, some people don't count those calories in their calculations, but I did for this experiment.
My body need this amount today. I was running on zero energy it seems, so I'm not feeling bad about this. If it means my weight loss progress is slower, I'll take it.

No comments: