Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Countdown to Vegas - T minus 13

Cass's diet record Mon May 27, 07. (Mountain Bike Day)
Good sleep last night. Slept 12 am to 8:45 am

Back on diet watch today after a long weekend of eating whatever I wanted.

9:00 am - It's a holiday, so I slept in. Got up, took probiotics, woke up, foam rolled and stretched/strengthened. Got dressed and ready for our mountain bike day. Justin and I were planning on heading out by 11 am to hit the trails.

9:40 am - Took greens and supplements = 30 cals, 6 NET carbs
10:00 am - Took 4 fish oil, and Rev-Z = 36 cals, 4 g fat

10:00 am - Drank a shake for breakfast because it was habit (made in blender): 1 1/2 scoops Dymatize whey, 10 frozen strawberries, 1/6 cup almonds, 1 tsp ground flax, and glucomannan = 325 cals, 39 g pro, 13 g NET carbs, 13 g fat

Helped Justin get the bikes ready. One of the perks of dating an engineer is that they can build/fix anything. We've also got a roommate that is a bike mechanic, so we've got a whole bike mechanic work room in the breezeway. Justin put a new fork on my bike because I've been complaining it didn't have enough shock absorption. He also put on a new tire (bigger with more grip).

11:00 am - Headed out for the trails. Ate 20 g raisins on the way there = 56 cals, 14 g carbs,

12 pm - Started our ride. Road HARD for 2 hours and got back to the cars by 2:30 pm. My body was DEAD when we got back. I felt SO out of shape the whole time we were riding. Since I've not done anything seriously cardiovascular for the last 4 weeks, I was a super slow poke. I was drenched with sweat when we got back to the car and felt like I got hit by a truck. It was a hot day and a difficult course of more than 75% climbing… ugh. While riding I ate the other 1/2 of a Larabar and drank BCAAs = 201 cals, 3 g pro, 18 g carbs, 13 g fat (for whole bar, because ate rest later)

We went out for lunch after the ride and ate at Atlanta Bread CafĂ©. No, I didn't eat bread, but I had a chicken salad with corn and black beans: 3 oz chicken breast, 1/3 cup mandarin oranges, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1 tbsp sliced almonds, 3 cups romaine, 1 tbsp sesame salad dressing and 1/3 cup corn and black beans = 347 cals, 31 g protein, 22 g carbs, 15 g fat (I don’t know if this is correct, but I'm going with it)

I was still so out of it after this. Justin and I went to EMS and I bought those Reef sandals for women that have the little compartment under the heel. We then went to home depot to get new towel racks for the bathroom. Fun, fun. J

Got home at 4:45 pm and rested for 15 mins, but didn't sleep. Showered, etc.

6:30 pm - made a tuna sandwich: 1 can tuna plus mustard and glucomannan, 2 small slices sprouted grain bread. Drank water and had another 1/2 of a Larabar = 297 cals, 40 g protein (10 g from bread), 23 g carbs, 5 g fat

7:30 pm - Felt crappy, so had 1 red bell pepper, raw, and cooked broccoli and green beans, with 1 tbsp organic pasta sauce and glucomannan (makes it thick) = 70 cals, 13 g carbs, 2 g fat

10:30 pm - 1/2 scoop Dymatize Whey, 1 red bell pepper, 25 g almonds = 202 cals, 20 g pro (some from almonds), 8 g carbs, 10 g fat

Totals: 1558 cals, 133 g pro (35%), 117 g carbs (30%), 62 g fat (35%)

I thought I'd eat 50-25-25… but it didn’t turn out that way. This 35-30-35 is still good though.

No comments: