Monday, May 21, 2007

Modified Velocity Diet Day 25 - May 20

I can't believe I've been doing this for a little over three weeks. Time sure does fly. The plan is to carry this out until at least this Friday and then see where I've gotten. So far, I'm still the same weight and I've been able to maintain the 1'' loss of my waist. Nothing spectacular, but it's still progress in the right direction.

This weekend was good. I stayed right on track with food and exercised a lot (mostly housework, but that's better than sitting all day, like I do during the week).

I've got a lot on my plate this week, so I just hope that I can keep my head on straight and focus depite the low cal level I'm putting myself at.

My plan for training this week is to do a little less weight training (40 mins max) and increase my cardio to at least 45 mins - 1 hour total each day. For today, Monday, I already walked about 40 mins so will do 30-40 mins of weights later this afternoon and then at least 25 mins of cardio (probably light sprints and walking on the gym treadmill).

Here is my record from yesterday. I was quite bitchy and brain dead this day... not fun.


Cass's diet record Sun May 20, 07. (Cardio Only Day)
Good sleep last night. Slept 12:30 am to 8:30 am

8:30 am - After getting up, walked fast on my treadmill, with incline for 20 mins. Good workout. Heart was pumping and felt great.

9:25 am - Took greens and supplements = 30 cals, 6 NET carbs
9:45 am - Took 4 fish oil, Se7en and Rev-Z= 36 cals, 4 g fat

9:50 am - Drank first shake of day (made in blender): 1 1/2 scoops Low Carb Metabolic Drive, 10 frozen strawberries, 1 Tbsp ground flax and glucomannan = 226 cals, 32 g pro, 11 g NET carbs (16 - 5 fiber), 6 g fat

Justin and I went to Costco and Home Depot to get morning errands done and pick up new shelving for the basement.

Home at 12 noon and had to eat again - Shake #2: 1 scoop Low Carb Metabolic Drive, 5 frozen strawberries, 1 Tbsp ground flax and glucomannan = 186 cals, 26 g pro, 7 g NET carbs , 6 g fat
Also had 75 g fresh blackberries = 40 cals, 9 g NET carbs

We worked in the basement most of the afternoon building shelves. I was cranky and nasty to Justin… side effect of low cals and stress. Don't like being this way.

The whole time we were doing this, our other roomies were brewing beer, hanging out in the sun and grilling. Justin had to join them, but I just didn't feel social. I hung out a bit, but really wasn't in the mood to be there long. Is this what the attainment of a lean body composition is all about? I remember having these shitty days when I dieted hard before and always wondered why I did that to myself. Oh well, the only way you understand something totally is if you engage in it yourself (referring to dieting hard to lose body fat fast).

3:15 pm - Shake # 3: 1 1/2 scoops Low Carb Metabolic Drive, 5 frozen strawberries, 75 g blackberries, 1 Tbsp hemp seeds, 10 g almonds and glucomannan = 266 cals, 30 g pro, 14 g NET carbs , 10 g fat
Took 4 more fish oil = 36 cals, 4 g fat

Worked in basement more. No sitting. All standing.

6:10 pm - Workout at home time: Foam rolled, abs, push-ups, lunges, hip lifts, bridges, rotator cuff work. Then, walked on treadmill from 6:30 to 7:00 pm. Great workout. I was a little hypoglycemic though during the walk and by the end I thought I was going to fall off the treadmill -not cool

Showered, made dinner.
7:20 pm - Whole food meal (at leftovers to get them out of the fridge and ate the creamed gluco-caulifower I just made): 2.75 oz salmon fillet, 1.45 oz grilled chicken breast with 1 tbsp Carb One Ketchup, 75 g brown rice with 1 tsp canola oil, 100 g plain low-fat yogurt with cucumbers and dill (sounds weird, but tastes awesome), 1 cup cauliflower = 352 cals, 37 g protein, 24 g carbs, 12 g fat

10 pm - Red bell pepper and more cauliflower = 50 cals, 2 g pro, 10 g carbs,

Totals: 1176 cals, 127 g pro, 72 g carbs, 42 g fat

Bed at 11 pm

No comments: