Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Diet/Training Plan until I leave for Vegas

With the help of my good friend Jen Heath, my plan for the next 12 days (because I leave for Vegas on Sunday the 10th) is to consume 1600 calories with approx 160 g protein, 120 g carbs, and 55 g fat on weight training/cardio days. Then, on cardio-only days, I'll eat 1200-1300 cals, with 140 g pro, 80 g carbs, and 50 g fat.

My diet will consist of whole foods with pro, fat and carbs in each meal. I don't like to purposely separate fats from other foods because I don't eat enough carbohydrate in a meal to cause a surge in insulin that would stimulate fat storage. That's silly. I also keep my carbs lower in the AM because that's when glucose surges are the highest, based on new research findings that I just read. It makes sense to me, because in the AM your muscles haven't moved at all, and your body is going to be not in the best mode to process carbs . Because you lose non-insulin stimulated glucose uptake (due to the inactivity of the muscles) you depend on insulin completely to send that glucose to your muscles. That means insulin will be jacked in the AM. High insulin increases hunger, and will these low cals, I don't want ANY hunger pains to hit me. So, I'll focus on my highest carb intakes in the meals after my workouts.

The only time I really leave out fat is if I eat just veggies to fill up (i.e. in between meals I have a red bell pepper or green beans, etc and they don't need anything added to them… I love my veggies).

My training plan is to do cardio everyday. I'll do 1 hour at least on non-weight training days, and 1/2 to 1 hour on weight training days. I'll lift 3 days a week on a M, W, F split or, for this week, a T, Thurs, Sat split.

I don't take fat burners and never have, but I'm going to try and use F-heit once a day later in the afternoon when cortisol is lower to see what happens. I'm not a fan of most fat burners because they make my stomach hurt and they make me too shaky and irritable. Never have I used them to get lean, and I really didn't want to depend on them, but I'll see what happens now.

Other supplements I'll take for fat loss are 2 se7en a day, 2 Rev-Z a day, 8 to 10 fish oil per day (Flameout), GLA (a anti-inflammatory fatty acid), Biotin, CoQ10, and a powdered greens (soy-free).
For food, I'll only take 1-2 shakes per day (they were easy to have and they saved me a LOT of $$$ on groceries), and the rest will be whole food. I don't eat flour products, and will focus my carbs on veggies, sprouted grain bread, brown rice, oats, raisins, berries, NexGen muffins (no flour in these babies) and perhaps rice crackers. Proteins will be eggs, egg whites, tilapia, salmon, tuna, chicken, ground turkey, whey, maybe cottage cheese. No lunch meats or anything will nitrates, etc. Fats will be egg yolks, salmon, salmon oil, nuts, seeds, and oils in shakes. I'm not a fan of nut butters so won't bother with them.

I'll stay away from sushi… only 1 time until Vegas perhaps and will count all my calories from veggies. When I get to Vegas, then I'll eat all that lovely raw fish… yumm.

I don't need to have any cheat days until I leave. That means no sunchips! Hahah. That means I'll be sticking to my plan 100% for the next 12 days, which is not hard to do anyhow.

So, I'm not expecting to really lose any weight, but I just want to make sure I don't gain any before I leave. I'll do new measurements next Monday and see where I'm at with these whole food meals.

No comments: