Saturday, June 2, 2007

Has a Low-Fat diet failed you?

For my new book, I'm looking for a few testimonials from women that have tried a very-low fat diet and found that it failed them.

If this is you, I'd love to include your story.

Just let me know what happened to you when you followed the diet. Did you gain weight? Did you become depressed? Did you crave peanut butter? etc.

You can either post your comment here or send me a direct email at cassforsythe@gmail.com.

Thank you!

THREE MORE WEEKS UNTIL THE BOOK IS DUE!!! Oh my goodness... :)

4 comments:

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Oh yea, low fat failed me!!

Over the years I've tried several times to stick with a low fat diet. While I never had cravings for certain foods, I continuously craved sugary and starchy foods, probably because I was hungry all the time...even eating every 2-3 hrs, I was so hungry! There were times I'd be eating one meal and thinking about the next....and usually within an hour of eating I'd be hungry again....heck there were times I'd eat a full meal and still be hungry!

Low fat also lead to severe constipation, even with added fiber. The main problem with low fat, however, was the hunger. Being hungry all the time makes it so much harder to stick with a diet!! If you're hungry when "treats" are around, it's much harder to say NO than when you're not hungry!! For me it was inevitable, I am not strong enough to continue to say no when I'm hungry.

I've also gained weight on low fat diets, even with calories under 1200 and esercising daily.

Following a low carb diet, on the other hand, means I am rarely hungry....and when I am I want healthy foods, not junk. The cravings are deminished, the appetite is deminished.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like additional information.

Cassandra Forsythe said...

Hi Cindy!

Yes, it sure does sound like a low fat diet failed you. I'm glad you found a new way to help control your hunger.

Please send me your email to cassforsythe@gmail.com and we can talk more about this.

Thank you!

Unknown said...

I just sent you an email telling my story.

Amy Dungan said...

I just sent you an email with my story.