Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Modified Velocity Diet Day 27 - Kick my butt sprint day

Tuesday's workout (yesterday) was AWESOME. I did a great sprint workout at the track and felt like I was floating when it was all over. See below for all the details.

Despite low cals, when I want to push myself I really can.

I'm glad I ate enough after my workout too, because today I don't feel like I'm in a fog as I do sometimes when I don't eat right after I kill myself training.

Oh, and yes, Aunty Flo (aka PMS) is on they way. That, or I'm pregnant.... ugh, let's not even joke about that. lol.



Cass's diet record Tues May 22, 07. (Sprint and Cardio Only Day)
Good sleep last night. Slept 12 am to 7:30 am.


7:45 am - Got up, made Justin Breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, took probiotics (normal morning ritual), foam rolled briefly (body wasn't really sore anywhere so didn't need to foam roll long).
Jogged outside with the dogs for 25 mins. Beautiful morning again.

9:00 am - Took greens and supplements = 30 cals, 6 NET carbs

Had a phone meeting at 9:30 am until 10:15 am, so didn't drink shake right away. Normally I would though.

10:15 am - Took 4 fish oil, and Rev-Z (no Se7en, just taking it in PM once a day) = 36 cals, 4 g fat

10:30 am - Drank first shake of day (made in blender): 1 1/2 scoops Dymatize whey, 8 frozen strawberries, 1.1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp ground flax, and glucomannan = 239 cals, 34 g pro, 10 g NET carbs (13 - 3 fiber), 7 g fat

I thought I was still hungry after having my shake and I was going to eat a red bell pepper. But, I got busy working on the computer that I didn't get a chance to eat again, and by the time I thought about it again, I didn't feel like eating anymore. It's true that you have to give yourself at least 20 mins after eating before you decide if you're really still hungry.

Worked on computer all day. But, took breaks every 30 mins to an hour to play with the dog outside. Each time I threw the ball to him I would do burpees or jumping jacks or other plyo exercises until he brought the ball back to me (sometimes it was a little too long, so I helped him find the ball when it got lost… ). This kept me feeling energized all day and stopped me from eating when it wasn't technically "time yet".

12:15 pm: Shake #2 (made in blender): 1 scoops Dymatize whey, 6 frozen strawberries, 15 g whole natural almonds, 1 tsp ground flax, and glucomannan = 200 cals, 26 g pro (some from almonds), 8 g NET carbs (13 - 5 fiber), 7 g fat

3:15 pm: Shake #3 (made in blender): 1 scoops LC Metabolic Drive, 3 frozen strawberries, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp ground flax, and glucomannan =168 cals, 20 g pro (some from almonds), 4 g NET carbs (6 - 4 fiber), 8 g fat
Also had 1/4 red bell pepper and some pureed broccoli = 20 cals, 5 g carbs

5:30 pm Shake #4 (pre-workout… but first, had to clean up the garbage bag that my dog destroyed in the front lawn when I wasn't looking… grr): 1 scoop Dymatize Whey, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tbsp hemp seeds and glucomannan = 169 cals, 25 g pro, 6 g NET carbs, 5 g fat

6:50 pm to 8:35 pm - CARDIO TIME/Sprints and bike!
Biked over to the high school track on my rusty old mountain bike. It took me 1/2 hour to get there with constant peddling. Once I got there I thought I wasn't going to be able to do my sprint workout because I was a bit hypoglycemic, however, I pushed myself hard and actually ended up having a great workout. After a 10 min warm-up of walking/jogging, I sprinted the straights (100 m) and walked the curves for 8 laps. It was awesome! Then, stretched quickly and got back on my bike to go home. The ride back was a little slower because I was fried. Plus, the pain in my back from riding sucked the energy out of me (I've got a spondylolithesis on L5, so biking is really a pain in the…back). I got home at 8:25 pm and then proceeded to take out all the trash for garbage day tomorrow. We had a lot of bags because of all the cleaning we did this past weekend. All-in-all, it took another 10 mins to get this all accomplished and I made it harder by sprinted back up the long driveway after every load. I WAS POOPED.

That makes a good solid 2 HOURS of cardio today, and that's not no long-slow duration cardio either! Nice!

Had a shower and then proceeded to eat whatever I wanted because I had done such a crazy hard workout. I really didn't eat that poorly, but I did indulge in one homemade peanut butter cookie that my roommate had made for the new book. Ingredients were natural PB, Rye Flour, Sugar-free apple juice and spices. It was awesome and I really felt no guilt. All in all, it was about 30 g of carbs.

So, 9:00 pm - Whole food meal: 116 g cooked chicken breast with One Carb Ketchup, 6 fresh blackberries, 1 PB cookie, and 2 small homemade falafel (chick peas and spices), 1/3 cup frozen corn = 575 cals, 53 g pro, 45 g carbs, 20 g fat (from PB)

Totals: 1521 cals, 158 g pro, 103 g carbs, 53 g fat

No comments: