Sunday, May 20, 2007

Modified Velocity Diet Day 24 - May 19

Cass's diet record Sat May 19, 07. (Training Day)
Good sleep last night. Slept 1 pm to 9:30 am

Justin and I got to sleep in again this morning because it was Saturday and we could.

For some reason I decided that it would be a good idea to get Justin to teach me to mow the 1 acre of lawn we have with the HUGE lawnmower he owns. I've mowed before, but, since Justin is OBSESSED with the lawn, he only lets me mow the back so no one will see that the pattern I laid wasn't as straight as it should be. Since the lawnmower is so big, it is very hard to maneuver and hurts my hands as I'm driving it. The thing is just a beast. All in all, it took me a 1/2 hour to mow the lawn, and I felt so guilty as I was mowing because I know how much Justin likes it to be perfect, so I swear, I went over the thing twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Anyhow, it was a good cardio session versus walking on my treadmill and staring at the wall (my treadmill faces a concrete wall. Not too exciting).

10:35 am - Took greens and supplements = 30 cals, 6 NET carbs
10:50 am - Took 4 fish oil, Se7en and Rev-Z= 36 cals, 4 g fat

10:50 am - Drank first shake of day (made in blender): 1 1/2 scoops Whey Hydrolysate, 45 g fresh raspberries, 1 tsp ground flax and glucomannan = 200 cals, 35 g pro, 6 g NET carbs (10 - 4 fiber), 4 g fat

Stomach was good again this morning.

After mowing the lawn, I had about 15 g of raisins, drank my BCAAs and Justin and I went to the gym = 44 cals, 11 g carbs,

Gym workout 1 pm to 2 pm:
Dynamic warm-up and abs (no rest between sets below;)
A1) Horizontal cable wood chops for abs: 3 sets, 20 reps each side, 50 lbs
A2) Standing single arm cable row and squat: 3 sets, 15 reps, 40 lbs each side
B1) Bulgarians: 4 reps, 12 reps each leg, 25 DBs in each hand
B2) Single Arm Flat DB Bench Press: 4 sets, 12 reps each arm, 30 lbs
C1) Incline Bench Press: 4 sets, 10 reps, 60 lbs
C2) T-bar rows: 4 sets, 10 reps, 45 lbs
D1, 2) Decline bicep curls, Tricep kickbacks: 2 sets, 15 reps for the burn
10 mins crosstrainer
** was feeling kinda shitty for this workout, probably due to the fact that my cals were so low yesterday and are so far today.

Justin and I went from the gym to Ted's Bison Steakhouse for lunch, but I really couldn't eat anything. I looked through the menu and everything turned me off. I didn't want to eat something because I was frustrated that I hadn't lost a lb or any inches in my last measurement. Plus, as I looked around the restaurant I was disgusted by all the obese people scarffing down cheese covered French fries, onion rings and overly huge salads covered in gobs of soybean oil and sugar salad dressings. So, I drank sugar-free ice tea and just watched Justin eat. I realize this was a bit dysfunctional, but I wasn't interested in eating anything. Justin was mad that I did this, but he got over it.

We finished lunch at 3 pm and when I got back to our car, I drank a scoop of Whey that I had brought with me just in case and had a fruit and nut bar (Cliff bar nectar: 160 cals, 4 pro. 27 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 6 g fat). = 250 cals, 26 g pro, 23 g carbs, 6 g fat

Came home, had a quick nap and did more cleaning.

5 pm - At home, blender shake: 1 scoop LC MD, 20 g raspberries, 1 tsp ground flax, glucomannan =119 cals, 20 g pro, 3 g carbs, 3 g fat

Worked in the basement cleaning etc, and then had dinner at 7:30 pm

7:30 pm - Whole food meal: 6 oz sushi grade tuna with wasabi sauce, 1/2 cup peas anc corn, 1/2 cup spinach = 274 cals, 40 g pro, 15 g carbs, 6 g fat

Went outside from 7:45 to 8:30 and finally planted my sunflowers seeds that I had pre-sprouted this week in the house.
9:30 pm - hungry again so had a shake of 1 scoop LC MD plus 1 tsp ground flax = 106 cals, 20 g pro, 2 g carbs, 2 g fat
Also had peas and corn (I wrote a story my first year in University about how much I love peas…) and took 4 more fish oil = 96 cals, 2 g pro, 13 g carbs, 4 g fat

11:00 pm - Mixed veg (brocc, caul, red bell peppers, peas) = 40 cals, 10 g carbs,

Totals: 1200 cals, 143 g pro, 89 g carbs, 30 g fat

I was so lethargic and bitchy today - I don't like being like this. Probably a sign that I wasn't eating enough - BUT, that also is the tell-tale sign for a woman that she's at the lowest level of cals needed to produce weight loss.

No comments: