Thursday, June 28, 2007

Putting life into perspective

Sometimes it takes an unfortunate event to make you realize there is so much more to life than the little things we all worry about.

Today I found out that a very sweet student that I was in contact with this year passed away suddenly on Sunday June 24th. He was only 25 years old and from what I experienced, a very genuine and hard working young man. His name is David Wood and he remains in the hearts of all who knew him.

I feel so selfish. While I was stressing over stupid insignificant things in my life today and yesterday, a young man's family was mourning over an uncessary loss.

This was a rude wake-up call for me. I wish his family support and strength in this tough time I will also stop worrying about little things and remember to count my blessings. I'm glad I have my health and the love of many around me. That's what is most important. Not books, not papers, not exams, not working out, not eating, nothing.

Take a moment to reflect on all the good you have in your life. It will make your worries seem so unimportant.

1 comment:

Jimmy Moore said...

What a solemn reminder for us all, Cassandra. Our prayers go out to his family at this time.