Thursday, January 24, 2008

NROL4W Podcast and PBD Radio Interview

This last week has been pretty crazy for me. I was away in St Louis over the weekend for a seminar with the brilliant Stuart McGill, PhD and John Berardi, PhD. I took away some excellent information about low back health from Stu, and new ways to approach nutritional coaching from John. Thanks guys!

Then, when I got home, the next night our house had a fire. The damage was about $10K worth and was one of the most frightening things I've ever been through.

I've also started the second half of my dissertation project, so my days have been full of me taking blood from my subjects and then (when my hands were clean...) cooking all the food for the feeding intervention. I've got 6 more weeks of this until I start all the bioanalytical assays and dissertation write up.... then, I'll also be a PhD!

In the meantime, I've been promoting my two new books.

First, for The New Rules of Lifting for Women, I did both a one-on-one written interview with Ryan Andrews, of Precision Nutrition. Then, Lou, Alwyn and I did an audio interview. Check them out! Both are quite entertaining.

Second, I was interviewed by Judyth Piazza of American Perspective to talk about Women's Health Perfect Body Diet. To listen to the show, click here.

4 comments:

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

sorry about your fire!!! i hope everyone is ok!

RedWifey said...

Cass, How inredibly scary about your house! Glad you are ok! Lovin' NROL4W, and once I kick this cold to the curb, I am back in the gym.

Take care and eat your shitake mushrooms! :)

Cassandra Forsythe said...

Thanks all! The house fire was really scary. It happened at about 1:30 am and I was DEAD asleep. Try waking up to someone screaming "Fire, Fire!" and see how good you feel. Everythingi is OK though. Just major fear for a while. :(

RedWifey said...

Can I just tell you how much I LOOOOVE these rice cakes with mustard and dill???? They are my favorite recipe from the book!

I don't know how you ever go to sleep again after that!?