Saturday, February 9, 2008

Starbucks Irony

Yesterday I was in Starbucks getting a Refresh Peppermint Tea (I'm not a coffee or espresso fan, but I wanted something warm on a cold day). While I was in line waiting to order, I noticed the most ironic advertisement. Right there behind the counter on the Coffee of the Day sign was the following statement: "Try our new SKINNY lattes and have it with our warm cinnamon swirl muffin!"

Now, doesn't that seem odd? You're trying to save calories by choosing a skinny latte made with skim milk, but then you negate all those saved calories with a sugary, trans fat rich cinnamon bun??? Are you serious? Now, I'm not a fan of these skinny drinks anyways as there's nothing wrong with some dairy fat to keep you more satiated. But, digging into a bun is just odd. It's like going into McDonalds and ordering a Diet Coke with a Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad and getting a side of large French fries! Hello!

2 comments:

Angie Schumacher said...

I totally agree with you Cassandra....they try to make things available for people who are 'watching their weight' and then go and offer them greasy or fattening food along on the side.

I do like my lattes, but with sugar free flavoring and soy milk and sometimes feel guilty for having it, but then I don't go an order a muffin or cookie too! LOL

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

What is even more funny is when they add whip cream to the SKINNY latte.